Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Original Heritage - 1989 BBCM Inserts, Part 1

A couple of posts ago I was reminiscing about Baseball Card Magazine and the bonus insert cards that came with every magazine. I've seen a few of these here and there around the internet and blogs, but I don't know that anyone has ever posted a complete series of these before. BBCM's inserts were organized into yearly collections, each with a similar design theme. The 1989 series used the 1959 Topps design. You might call them the pioneers of the "Heritage" movement, putting contemporary players on retro designs. Here are the first four uncut panels of the 1989 series featuring the infielders. Clicking on the panels will take you to a larger version:

First Basemen -
Card Backs -
Second Basemen -
Shortstops -
Third Basemen -

2 comments:

Nachos Grande said...

I love the Larkin and Sabo cards! I've never seen these before...just when I thought I had seen every Larkin and Sabo card in existence.

night owl said...

I have these BBC inserts, but I have some different players than you have. I'm not sure why. The sheets have been cut up, but I send the cards out with trades.